Infection Control in our clinic
We follow all the disinfection and sterilization procedures needed for infection control. These are used for each and every patient to prevent the transmission of the AIDS virus and other infectious diseases. All our staff involved in patient care use appropriate protective garb such as gloves, and masks. After each patient visit, the gloves are discarded, hands are washed and a new pair of gloves is used for the next patient.
NEEDLESS TO SAY THAT THE DISPOSABLES LIKE NEEDLES, SYRINGES GLASSES, PATIENT’S DRAPES ARE ALL FOR ONE TIME USAGE & TO BE DISCARDED AFTER ONE USE.
We Follow Four Tier Sterilization Protocol For Non Disposable Instruments.
All The Instruments Are Scrubbed Thoroughly With Spirit Swabs To Remove Any Attached Debris.
The Instruments Are Then Immersed In 5% Korsolex Sterlizing Solution For 45 Min For Standard Disinfection
Korsolex Sterilising Solution
Concentrated cold steriliser for heat-sensitive and heat-resistant instruments.
• Complete viricidal action (including Hepatitis B, HIV, Polio, Vaccina and Rota)
• Total bactericidal (including, MSRA/ EHEC, Helicobacteria pylori) fungicidal tuberculocidal and sporicidal activity
• Complete protection against corrosion; has in-built rust inhibitors
• Easy preparation: no activator required
• Excellent cleansing properties – no pre-cleaning required.
• Long shelf life: 3 years in concentrated form; prepared solution 14 days
• No wastage: solution can be prepared as required.
• Lethal action against microbes; highly suitable for emergency
Areas of Application
▪ Korsolex is ideal for the disinfection and sterilisation of:
▪ Instruments made of metal, porcelain, glass, plastic, stainless steel, ceramics, rubber
▪ Diamond cutting burs, root canal and hand set instruments etc.
The cold sterile instruments are then packed in individualized sterile packs that contain instruments, gauze, cotton balls and suction devices (photograph). Our patients are reassured when a new pack of supplies is opened in front of them prior to treatment.
The standardized sterilization method used in our dental office is: autoclaving (steam under pressure), these measures are carried out rigorously and consistently and demonstrate our commitment to your safety.
Dental instruments in sterilized packages are stored in U.V CHAMBER to maintain the sterilization, which are opened in front of the patient.